Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Hour I First Believed


Whew!  I made it through this book!  It was a really really really really long book but I was determined to finish it.  I can't say I really liked this book all that much or that I would recommend it to anyone, but it was a well-written book.  I just thought the plot dragged on and that it was hard for me to really see the point of the book after a while.  Plus, it's hard for me to relate to characters who have so many issues.  I'm a pretty optimistic person and I have a positive outlook on life so it's hard to relate to all the problems that popped up in the book.  I read She's Come Undone, which is also by Wally Lamb, and I felt the same way about the main character in that book.  It was just way to depressing for me and completely difficult for me to relate to.  I can say that I read it though!

No comments: