Sunday, October 4, 2009

Emm-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree

Most Recently Read Book:

Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree

By Lauren Tarshis

I went through the Rebecca Caudill section at the library this is another one of the books I picked up. This story is an entertaining story about Emma-Jean, a girl who's pretty much an outcast at school. She does her own thing, doesn't really have friends, she prefers to watch people and just mind her own business when one day one of her classmates asks for her help and she decides to get involved. She gets involved by forging letters...that's one part I didn't particularly like. She writes a few letters and signs them from other people. In the end she gets caught for writing one of the letters but doesn't get in trouble even then, and the others she doesn't really get in trouble for either. I like that things turn out for the good people in the story but that kind of bothered me that she didn't get in trouble for the letters. As a protagonist, I thought she was fun because she's so quirky and she genuinely a nice person, but she's a little awkward to officially love as a character. That's what I thought anyway. I think I will read the sequel, just to find out what happens between Emma-Jean and Tommy.

No comments: