Thursday, September 11, 2008

Guilty Indulgences

This weekend and today I made two exciting purchases.  I have been thinking about these things and finally splurged with my budget money to get them.   

First, this weekend I bought a fuschia Beijo wallet.  My friend Nikki's mom sells Beijo purses.  She gave me and the other girls in Nikki's wedding all Beijo purses to match our bridesmaid dresses.  I had never heard of Beijo, but Oprah has!  For my birthday, Nikki gave me a chocolate mini-wallet, which I love!  Unfortunately I needed a place to put all my gift cards or frequent shopper cards...so I bought a larger wallet.  I love the feel of the material, I have no idea how to describe it.  It's super smooth and the wallet just fits so nicely in my hand.  It's sleek.  That's a great word for it.  I love this bright pink color, too.  Here is my beautiful new wallet:


And today, after lots of consideration and deliberation I stopped at Vera Bradley on the way home to buy the Mod Floral Pink Hipster bag.  All summer I have wanted a bag I can throw over my shoulder...and now I have found it.  I remember seeing old ladies with Vera Bradley purses when I was in high school and always thinking they were cool..even though they kind of seemed like they were for old ladies.  I really love this new pattern and I don't think Vera Bradley is for old ladies at all.  The store is really neat with lots of colors and just bags on shelves every where.  I was so excited to get home and put all my stuff in my new purse.  Love it!


I have been more careful lately as far as my purchases.  I really think about what I want and then buy something that is really worth spending the money on versus spending it on little things or on Starbucks (although I so love Starbucks).  I thought long and hard about my two purchases and I felt good when I bought them because of it.  Honestly, I think a girl deserves to buy herself some nice things every once in a while...or once every paycheck.  Life's short, we've got to live a little!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pink wallet! I have a Vera Bible cover in the same Mod Pink pattern, I *heart* it! Enjoy your new purse, its my favorite style!