Monday, February 25, 2008

CTMH Party!





On Saturday I held my first ever Close To My Heart gathering. It was kind of goofy because my friend, Leslie, who is now my consultant couldn't make it and I had to do my own show. It was kind of fun putting it all together but after it was done I definitely remembered why I had stopped in the first place. It does get to be a lot of work. I had lots of friends come check out the new Idea Book and enjoy some Chinese food.

The whole party had a Chinese theme because I saw really cute felt fortune cookies in a Martha Stewart magazine a little while ago. I get an idea and then I go with it. My mom brought over these really cute tea cups and a chai spice tea that was amazing. My friend, Christina, brought shu mai that her fiance, Eric, made. They were very good and look like he put a lot of work into them. I wouldn't even know where to sart. We had other Chinese food and stamped up some cute Chinese takeout boxes. April and I tried egg foo young for the first time. I think that is probably the first and last time either of us will eat egg foo young.

I did this 2-page layout of Jordan eating his cottage cheese. I just realized that is the first time I have scrapbooked Jordan! (It's really sad, I know, but I am that far behind.) Well, I think they turned out pretty good. I have to say I love my camera. The colors are awesome.

Thank you to everyone who came over on Saturday! You helped my party a huge success! Love ya!

1 comment:

Silvia Jones said...

The party was fun, I can wait to get my order. Can we get together I have so many pictures and I'll have a lot more when we come back from Guate.