Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Christina!



We went to Wildfish Sushi in Arlington Heights tonight to celebrate our friend, Christina's, birthday! She will actually be 25 on the 4th of March. Woo hoo!

I am not really a sushi person, I had the King Salmon and it was very delicious. We also had tempura which I had never had before. Chad did try some salmon...just straight-up raw salmon. He didn't mind it. He said it tasted like he was biting into a fish, which obviously he was, but I just can't see myself biting into a fish. I am not Bear Grylles from Man Vs. Wild trying to survive in Alaska. Have you seen that episode where he literally snatches the fish out of the water and then sinks his teeth into it? No way. I love the outdoors, but I have to draw the line somewhere. I do realize I am being a little immature about this. Chad pointed out to me that everyone there was eating sushi and I was the only one making faces like a 4-year-old. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I do have to compliment Wildfish on their presentation. Even though it didn't look tasty (to me) each plate was absolutely beautiful, creative, and unique.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Christina! I'm a wimp when it comes to fish, I don't like it cooked or raw. No thanks.