Sunday, December 20, 2009

Success! or I Didn't Burn All the Cookies

When Jordan woke up from nap this afternoon I just had to use my new apron from Kathy so we made come chocolate crackle cookies! Jordan was a great little helper! I set this picture up on the counter and I'm not happy with how it turned out, but Jordan looks so cute...ignore my face...look at his...and my awesome apron! Isn't it cool!!!!???
Here's the recipe for these awesome, super easy cookies!

ingredients

  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 large egg, beaten lightly
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar plus additional for dusting hands

In a bowl (preferably metal) stir together flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt and, using finger, blend in butter. Stir in egg until mixture is blended. Spread dough in a thin layer in bowl and freeze 10 minutes, or until firm.

Preheat oven to 400°F. and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.

Spoon level teaspoons of dough onto a sheet of wax paper. Put 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar in a small bowl and dust hands with additional. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and then in confectioners' sugar in bowl. Arrange balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets and bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through baking time, 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just set. Cool cookies on racks.

We even had some extra that we didn't devour to put into our Christmas cookie jar!Yum! I love these cookies! My mom used to make them for Christmas when we were kids AND they are super easy AND I didn't burn them AND they don't involve cookie cutters! My kind of cookies!

4 comments:

Kathy Lou said...

So cute! I was going to try to match your kitchen colors, I even had Marc sneak a picture on his iPhone during my birthday party, but fabric selection was not cooperating. This is much more girlie. The cookies look great- yum-o!

Emily Jane said...

Very cute!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and those cookies like AMAZING I may just have to make some tonight :) If I do I'll take an apron pic too - mine has a Union Jack on it lol

Stephanie H said...

Yummy cookies!

Laraf123 said...

Yum!