Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Most Recently Read Book:

Alice in Wonderland

By Lewis Carroll

I have seen a lot of "gear" for the new Alice in Wonderland movie at the mall lately and I realized I should probably read the book! It's such a classic! I've seen the movies and Frank Beddor's Looking Glass Wars series is one of my favorite YA series of all times...so I grabbed the book from the library.

Most of the time books are way better than the movies, but I have to honestly say there isn't much from the movies that strays from the book...I have to read Through the Looking Glass now so I see how much the jaberwocky plays in and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, but everything from this book matches up with what I've seen in movies...so I guess I wasn't missing much by not having read the book. Also, the book is just as messed up as the movies so I think had I read it without having seen the movies and loved the comicalness of them, I think I would have been weirded out by how random the book is...and then I probably would have been mad at the ending. This might be one book where it's just as well to watch the movie.

No comments: