Sunday, February 21, 2010

This Is Where I Leave You

Most Recently Read Book:

This Is Where I Leave You

By Jonathan Troppper

My book club read this book this month and it was very entertaining. It's a book about a many whose life is basically in shambles and his dad's dying wish was that his family sit shiva for him for 7 days. Shiva is a Jewish custom to mourn a person when he/she dies. So the main character ends up stuck in the house he grew up in with his mother and his 4 siblings. If that's not enough he's dealing with his crap marriage...I'm so not doing this book justice, it's just a ton of funny, believe me. We heard it's going to be made into a movie and I think it would be a great movie. Since it's written from a man's perspective there seems to be lots of sex or thoughts of fex and sometimes kind of crazy explanations of things...but I think that's just a girls perspective on getting a look into a man's mind. It's not raunchy, at least I didn't think so. It was fun, read it!

No comments: