Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tunes For Bears To Dance To

Most Recently Read Book:

Tunes For Bears To Dance To

I came across this book when I was looking for books I could use to illustrate persuasive writing to my students. All I can say is it was a pretty weird book. I think it would have worked better as a short story because it is a fairly short book. There is a good part that focuses on a man trying to convince a boy to do something he doesn't want to do. It has a strong message about people and their prejudices against other people...but to me it was a little weird just because it seemed too forced that someone should hold such a grudge against a person they haven't even met. Needless to say I'll be sharing the persuasive part with my students but probably telling them most of the story just to spare them from reading the whole entire thing.

No comments: