Monday, July 19, 2010

The Green Monster!!!!!

My friend Emily from Canada was talking about Green Monsters and I finally decided to see what it was all about.  We are already a smoothie family and have been making smoothies since before Jordan was born...but we've never made GREEN smoothies!  Basically, Green Monsters are smoothies made with spinach or kale.  Chad made a Target run last night and this morning we whipped up our first Green Monsters!

Chad made me the virgin and then made his with strawberries and blueberries.  We were kind of scared to see what the spinach would taste like but it was really good!  It tasted like banana milk to me.  Super yum!  I could totally see myself drinking one of them every morning.  So far today I have felt great and I do feel like I have extra energy - that's something considering I was up twice in the middle of the night to feed Danny! 

Jordan had his with banana bread from Gramma!

4 comments:

Emily Jane said...

YAY!! This post made me happy :D Aren't they great? Except Emily from WHERE...? :)

The Millers said...

THEY LOOOK GOOD! I need to try to make one soon!

Mrs.Mom said...

What a good idea!!! I've toyed with the idea of putting veggies in our smoothies, but never looked into it! I'll be trying that tomorrow morning! I'm also so glad that things are going well with Danny now being a part of your family! :)

Kristi said...

I love smoothies but nothing about that seems to look good to me! HAHA I am so picky I hate it sometimes!