Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Sweet Peanut!

I got a call from the doctor this morning to tell me that they have an opening for me to be induced tomorrow morning! I can't believe it and I am so excited! We have been waiting and anticipating this new little baby and now we finally get to meet him or her!

It took a little while for it to sink in that this new baby will really be here and our family will never be the same. We had lunch out today and then saw Toy Story 3 and all I could think about was that it was the last time we would be spending time together just the three of us! It's crazy.

I love Jordan so much, it's amazing how much more I love him every day (even when I'm cranky or impatient and he's in 3-year-old-tantrum mode...). It has been so much fun watching him grow up and experiencing life with him. I know our relationship will change but I love knowing how great he is and that our next baby will be just as special. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about how much more love is going to be in our lives!

Jordan is going to make such a great big brother. He's just a sweet kiddo and he loves babies. We have talked so much about the baby coming and how things might be different and how he'll have to help us. I kept looking over at him during the movie...just a little kid with a big bag of popcorn in his lap, munching away. He was glued to the screen. It didn't help my state of emotions that the movie was about when Andy is all grown up and going away to college. When I reached over and hugged him and said, "I love you, Jordan," he looked up, wrapped one arm around my neck and said, "I love you, Mom." At one point, I thought he might fall asleep...and then Chad came back from the concession stand with Mello Yello (because he forgot about not getting caffeine - apparently his brain cells have been sucked away along with mine because we never give Jordan pop or caffeine and I can't drink caffeine...but that's okay.) Jordan took a few sips but was still very zoned in to the movie...until the very end when all of a sudden he was sitting up straight on the edge of his seat bouncing, bouncing, bouncing...and the seat was going squeak, squeak, squeak. Chad and I just had to look at each other and laugh. You gotta love that kid!

This post is a "Cheers!" to Jordan and the great big brother that he is going to be. Since I couldn't video tape him in the movie theater...here's a little glimpse of him at his soccer camp this week. He's one of the youngest in the class and still getting used to the idea of playing a game...it's just so cute to watch him and the other kids in the camp and the ball, yeah, don't forget the ball...there's no way you can't smile at this! He's the adorable one in the orange shorts and striped shirt!!!

4 comments:

Laraf123 said...

Oh, Jordan is too cute in that video! I love it! Best wishes for today--so exciting. You're going to love being a mom of two!

Emily Jane said...

Oh my gosh!! As I write this you may be on your way to being INDUCED, this is SOOOOO exciting!! Good luck - I cannot WAIT!! xoxo

Unknown said...

AHHHH!!! Oh my gosh! PLEASE keep us updated! I'll be thinking about you all day! Good luck with everything!

Erin said...

I have been blog stalking for days now because I'm dying for an update. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Hope you are all doing well! :)