Monday, July 19, 2010

Party of Four

I am having too much fun taking pictures of Danny and our family of four!  We were having fun before he got here, but life is just different now that he is here.  I love seeing Jordan treat him so sweetly.  He always comes in to check on him first thing in the morning and he wants to know if he's awake and kisses him before he leaves to go anywhere.  It's awesome.  

It's interesting how much our life is the same and how much life does go on with a new baby.  It sounds weird, but I had no idea what to expect as far as how Jordan would react to Danny and how Danny would fit into our lives.  I have to say there are some crazy times - when there are lots of visitors, when Jordan isn't getting enough attention, when Danny is starving nonstop - but overall, things are going well.  I miss getting to be doing fun things with Jordan and Chad but I'm glad I'm not out in the heat at the same time...and it's so nice to get things straightened up around the house and to snuggle with Danny.  When Jordan is home, it's nice that I can put Danny down after he eats and he'll sleep while I play Yahtzee with Jordan or play computer games.  Chad and I haven't had too much down time for ourselves, but when we have (when my parents or our friends, the Garneau's, have taken Jordan - THANK YOU!) it has been nice to sit together on the couch and watch a show or to talk about how cute our sons are.  One thing I absolutely love is coming home from a trip out when both boys have fallen asleep and I carry Danny in the house with his carseat and Chad carries Jordan in.  It's amazing to me that we now have two boys and how awesome it feels!   

Danny lost his umbilical cord 
and has a belly button now!
Jordan showing Danny how to do a puzzle!
Just plain cuteness!
Out for a walk!  I got Danny all bundled up in my Moby wrap that I love!  Of course, Jordan didn't want his picture taken!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the transition to two has gone so smoothly for you! All of your boys (including Chad) are so great! How fun to have all boys.

Laraf123 said...

Love the photos!