Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Green Dog




Most Recently Read Book:


The Green Dog


By Suzanne Fisher Staples
This was a quick read reccommended by one of my 7th grade students. It didn't even make it onto the blog, I seriously read it last night. It's obviously short. It's a sweet story of a young girl who desperately wants a dog, gets a dog, and has fun adventures with her dog one summer. It reminded me that I want a dog...but then reading about all the mischevious-ness made me think, maybe I don't really want a dog. Having a pet really is an important part of growing up. I can't wait to get Jordan his very first pet. I'm kind of partial to hermit crabs, having owned several myself...and I have recently taken a liking to guinea pigs, although I've never had one. Doesn't every little boy just have to have a dog though? Let this be a forewarning to Chad not to refer to, "Go ask your mother," because I'll say yes!

1 comment:

Luv 2 Read said...

Yes...your peanut needs a dog. The dog I grew up with, Tyler, is my best buddy. : )