Friday, March 28, 2008

The Secrets of Peaches

Most Recently Read Book

The Secrets of Peaches


By Jodi Lynn Anderson

This book was a sequel to Peaches, which I recently read. I definitely like this book better, but I'm not sold on the ending. This book at least went somewhere, I felt like the first book took a long time to go anywhere but this one really went places...but it still had a slow-cooker feeling to it. Anyway, the ending, don't you hate the books that have a good ending but it's really a bad ending that is good because it has to be that way? I don't know how to explain it. I do like that it at least gave me a complete and whole feeling when I finished it. I hate endings that really leave you wondering, even though you can make up the ending for yourself, I like to just know so I know. So that's part of this being a good ending because I feel like I know what happened to the characters and where they ended up, but knowing what the ending told me, I'm not necessarily happy for all the characters. Not every story can be a happy ending though, right? Just to clarify, this book did actually have a fairly happy ending minus one character, or two, I guess. You have to read it to decide for yourself! And then maybe try and clarify what I've tried to say here!

Overall, this book really reminded me more of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I like to read about girls who are living and learning about life and going through real experiences that other girls can relate to. I definitely felt more connected with the characters in this book compared to the first book. It was worth reading the first book to be able to read this book though.

No comments: