Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fablehaven

Most Recently Read Book

Fablehaven

By Brandon Mull

This is so not the type of book I would read...but I saw that the author was signing at a cute, little bookstore near our house and it made me curious to read it.  This is the first book in the series...I'm not sure how many books there are in the series...but if they are as good as this one, then bring them on.  Fablehaven is a magical preserve where all things fantasy and fairy tale are housed safely away and from mortals.  There are various preserves around the world that we mortals are not even aware of.  Kendra and Seth go to stay with their grandfather while their parents are away and are introduced to Fablehaven.  There are fairies all over the place...but also lots of scary magical creatures as well.  They end up on an exciting adventure.  I loved that there were some scary parts and action.  Two thumbs up!

No comments: