Thursday, June 5, 2008

School's Out, Jump and Shout!!!!





My last day of school was Tuesday!  Woo hoo!!!  Yesterday, I spent the day with my sister, Jacquie, and Jordan.  We went to breakfast at a cute little cafe in Mundelein right on the train tracks.  Jordan got to see the train go by three times out the window, up close and personal.  It was fun.  Then we went home so Jordan could take his nap.  Jacquie and I were reading until we fell asleep, too!  Naps are completely lovable on so many levels!  When he woke up, we packed up and headed to the mall.  We did some shopping, ate in the food court, and played in the play area.  There were way to many kids in the play area though.  After the mall we went home again so Jordan could take his nap...and, again, took naps ourselves.  I think this is normal...but maybe not.  Then Jacquie left and Chad came home and we played and had dinner at home.  I made a trip to Maggie Moo's for my free birthday ice cream and then to Target with my red shopping bags.  I love my red Target shopping bags.  I just love how nicely they fit on my shoulder.  I'm a dork, but these little things make me happy.  Overall, it was a great day.

Today, we stayed home for the morning and then left after lunch to go to field day at Chad's school.  Jordan was a doll and had fun wandering around amidst all the big kids.  He was totally pooped and has taken a marathon of a nap this afternoon.  Yes, I did take my own nap again.  It's completely irresistible.  Now we are trying to decide where to eat dinner on the way to get Marty Booker's autograph (he's a Bears player).  Life is great!

 
 

On a sad note...the CD player in my car is out of commission so I haven't been listening to any books on CD in the car.  On a happy note...Chad has let me drive his car because he thinks it's safe if I'm going to be taking Jordan all over the place so I can listen to CDs in there...even though I'm barely ever in the car any more because it's summer!!!!!  Woo hoo!!!!!

Ahem...just a small announcement: my birthday is four days away!!!!  I love my birthday.  I'm super-excited for this birthday because Chad (with some help from Jacquie and my parents) has prepared an amazing race for me.  I get clues and get to go to fun places on my birthday.  I can't wait!!!!!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you today. Sounds like your summer is already off to a great start.

You might know who I was talking about on my blog. Her initials are C.A.

I hope you have a fabulous birthday! Be sure to treat yourself, and you will have to post pictures of your amazing race on the blog!