Thursday, June 12, 2008

Loving Frank


Most Recently Read Book

Loving Frank

By Nancy Horan

I just finished Loving Frank this morning and I had no idea it was going to end how it ended!  It was definitely a good book and very interesting.  This book is historical fiction.  The author did a lot of research into understanding the affair between Frank Lloyd Wright, famous architect, and Mamah Borthwick in the early 1900's.  She used real facts and then filled in the story about their lives.  The writing was great.  It was interesting to me to read about a woman who dealt with a lot and was part of the beginning of the women's rights movement.  It's easy to take for granted all the rights women have today in the world.  Now I have to go look up more about Frank Lloyd Wright and see if I can see some of the buildings they talk about in the book!  

No comments: