Monday, June 16, 2008

My First Sock

I have fallen in love with Prairie Crossing.  It is a fun, earth-friendly community near our house.  It's probably about 5 minutes from us.  They have a cute little area with little locally owned shops.  We went for the second time to story time on Friday with Jordan.  It was a pirates theme and he got a pirate bandana, got to listen to pirate stories, made a pirate necklace, and even got a pirate frosted cupcake!  How cute is that?  Afterwards we went over to the cafe for a smoothie and Jordan played on the train table they have.  Jacquie and I went to the fiber store for the first time.  It is a cute yarn store with space for hanging out and working on projects.  The other store I have been in is 10,000 Villages, which is a fair trade store.

Saturday morning, Jacquie and I went to Sock Boot Camp at the yarn store.  We took three mini-classes about how to make socks.  I was really scared of making socks.  It looks very confusing, but actually it's not that hard.  I decided to make Jordan a pair of green socks.  I love this color green!  I got through the ribbing and now I'm working on the part that will be around his ankle.  I'm getting close to the heel...which is the hard part...but I'm doing good so far.  Here is my WIP, work in progress!  



No comments: