Thursday, June 12, 2008

Jen's Birthday Amazing Race 2008!

Tuesday was my birthday and I had asked Chad for an amazing race for my birthday.  The Amazing Race is a reality show where couples get clues and challenges and race other couples around the world trying to get to the checkpoints first while avoiding elimination.  

Chad had to work on my birthday so my parents and Jacquie picked up Jordan and I to go on my amazing race journey with me!  First we had to go to Baby Jam at the library with Jordan.  This was his first ever Baby Jam.  The kids all sit with the moms in a circle and sing and dance...Jordan was the only kid who wanted nothing to do with it!  He wanted to squirm out of my arms and then out of the circle to see what the big kids were doing.  Oh well, we'll try again next week.

After Baby Jam, we were in the car when I got my first clue!!!!  Jacquie did a great job of making awesome clue envelopes.  First I got my clue...then after I figured out where we needed to go I was able to open another flap to get my mission!  Our first destination...Cheesecake Factory!!!!  Yum!  And there, we had to take a picture with my favorite piece of cheesecake!  We had to have lunch of course, which never disappoints.  Then, I picked the Godiva chocolate cheesecake.  You can't go wrong with a classic!  They decorated my plate and sang for me!  

Next, clue and mission: choose a book at Barnes and Noble!  Luckily, we were able to walk right over to Barnes and Noble.  I chose book two in the Fablehaven series and Twilight! 
 

Okay, so at this point in the trip my camera ran out of batteries!  My mom took pictures but I don't have any to post right now!  I'll still tell you about the rest of my amazing race!

Clue #3: Go to Bannockburn Park and take a picture of Jordan swinging in a swing...and visit Chad at school!

Clue #4: Take a picture at Elawa...where I grew up!

Clue #5: Take a picture with a Love It size Coldstone Creamery Creation!  I went simple, coffee with peanut butter mixed in.  Sounds weird...maybe it is.  Jacquie didn't really like it.  I did though!

Clue #6: Take a picture with my new Fossil watch!  I got to go to the Fossil store to pick out a new watch!  

Clue #7: Take a picture in my new bathing suit!  We headed to Old Navy to pick out a new bathing suit...um, I didn't take a picture...but I did buy the suit!

After Jordan was getting pretty tired of being in the car so we headed back to my parents' house for pizza and ice cream cake.  Can you tell I like sweets?  Chad obviously knows me will.  Chad did a great job of planning my amazing race, and Jacquie and my parents did a great job too helping out and keeping everything a secret from me.  

But wait...it's not over!  I had one last clue!  When Chad met us at my parents' house I got to open my last clue:

Clue #8: Go to Key Lime Cove!  Chad had to go to work on Wednesday, but after work he came and picked up me, Jordan, and Jacquie and we were off to Key Lime Cove.  Key Lime Cove is a new indoor water park resort in Gurnee.  It was nice that it was so close.  This place was really cool.  We were able to go in the wave pool, the lazy river, slides, play basketball and go in the kids' pool for Jordan.  They had a cool arcade and lots of fun food places.  Even though we only went for one night it felt like it was longer and like we were way far away from home.  It was so fun to see Jordan get all excited.  He loved running up and down the hall in the hotel.  Here he is going down one of the slides!



Woo hoo!!!!  It was a great amazing race and a great birthday!  I couldn't have asked for anything better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so glad you posted pictures of your amazing race! Looks like such a blast. I can't tell you how jealous I am that you went to Key Lime Cove.

Anonymous said...

ahh! i miss you guys!! cant wait to see you guys and hear all your fantastic stories as you can see im reading your blog and rewatching the video of jordie going down the slide :D soo adorable!