Thursday, August 27, 2009

Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter

Most Recently Read Book:

Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter

By Liz Kessler

Love this book! I read and reviewed Canned earlier this year and this book reminded me of Canned. The characters are fun in this book...although it's a little tricky to believe Philippa has such a great relationship with her parents. I was enjoying the book until it really got exciting and then I was so anxious to read just to find out what was going to happen. It was totally unexpected because I have read The Tail of Emily Windsnap by the same author and that book was anti-climatic for me, not in a bad way, I just expected more. Anyway, I definitely recommend this book. I have to warn you, it is the second book in a series that you can read without reading the first one but there is a first one in case you want to read that one first (although, I haven't read it so I can't speak for it).

Krystie, I think you and/or Sophia might like this one! :)

You can read my review at The Picnic Basket.

1 comment:

khill said...

A shout-out to me?! How cool! And beore I even scrolled all the way down and saw it I had already written down the name of the book (because of the Canned reference!)! Love it! I am going to the library tomorrow anyway to look for some Step tapes, I will pick this up, too!