Friday, September 17, 2010

1,000 Vegan Recipes

Most Recently Read Book:
1,000 Vegan Recipes
By Robin Robertson

This might have to be a vegan's dream.  When I decided to become vegan there was definitely a pause when Chad asked me exactly what I could eat.  So far my philosophy has been to eat vegan when I'm at home and to attempt to eat vegan when I'm out, in the end if I'm out somewhere and they have an amazing veggie sandwich with hummus and Mediterranean lentil soup how much can I worry about there being eggs in the bread or other hidden foods?  I've been looking up what is vegan when I go out to eat but so far I'm not getting mad at myself if I make a mistake...on the same not, I'm not out there downing cupcakes "pretending" there aren't eggs in those!  

So, when it came to really figuring out what I would be making myself to eat as a vegan, this book was exciting because it has tons of options.  In fact, almost too many options at this point in my life.  There are no pictures but there are pages upon pages of recipes just listed back to back to back to back.  I think it's a great resource, but for now I'm going to stick with some of the other books I've read with vegan recipes just because they don't seem quite as daunting as this one.  I have no doubt in the future I'll be ready for these 1,000 doubtless yum recipes!

No comments: