Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Vegan Table

Most Recently Read Book:
The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion
By Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

I first read/heard about Colleen Patrick-Goudreau when I listened to Fat Cat in February/March.  I mostly credit Eating Animals to helping me make the decision to become vegetarian, but I read Fat Cat right around the same time and it definitely had an impact on my decision as well.  At the end of the audiobook there was an interview with author and Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.  She is a cool chef who makes vegan food.  She has a whole website and other books besides this one.  I really enjoyed The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every Occasion though because it has pictures!!!!!  So many recipe books I've seen don't have pictures and that drives me crazy. She doesn't have a picture for every single recipe, but there are lots of pictures.  I made homemade pizza dough on Friday night; the boys had regular pizza with cheese and veggies and I had a pesto pizza with garlic and tomatoes.  I loved it and can't wait to make it again.  I'm starting to make a list of vegan cookbooks I want to buy to have and this one is definitely going on it!  

No comments: