Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl


Most Recently Read Book:

The Other Boleyn Girl

By Philippa Gregory

This was our book club book for June.  I couldn't believe it was over 600 pages!  I finished it with tons of time to spare though.  I wasn't sure I would like it, but it was really well written and was a quick read actually.  I was interested in every part of the book.  I love that it is written from Mary Boleyn's perspective, who is Anne Boleyn's younger sister.  Chad's mom knew right away that Anne Boleyn was beheaded while she was Queen of England.  I had no idea...but it didn't matter, this book was great.  It definitely gave me some insight into the 1500's and what it was like to be in the court of Henry the VIII.  Don't be scared by the width of the book, it was great!

No comments: