Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Time Fun

I have been reading still...I've been focusing on our book club book because it's over 600 pages long!  I am really enjoying it and it reads really fast.  I didn't end up finishing Eat, Pray, Love because I had to return it to the library, but it's a book I will probably go back to.  

My sock has come a long way...but I think I did something wrong and I'm not sure it's going to come out right.  I made it through the heel but I think I did something backwards so I may have to start all over.  Chad thinks it's crazy that I can get so far and then just start over...but it doesn't bother me so much.  I love being able to do something where I can clearly see how much I am getting done.  In my profession, sometimes it's hard to really concretely see how much progress you are making with a student...even with all the testing we do.  It's nice to work on something you can actually see get bigger/longer.  I definitely feel productive.  Now, if I could just do it and actually complete a real and wearable sock I would really feel productive.  

I'm going to try and summarize our last few weeks.  Here are a few pictures to go with what we have been doing: 

We met Ben Gordon, a player for the Chicago Bulls, at Sam's Club.  


Aunt Jane came to visit and brought Jordan a fun fish hat.  He actually kept it on his head!


We drove and stayed overnight in Rockford.  We went out for lunch at Golden Corral, hung out and swam at the hotel, went to a bead store (me and Sue), and then went out for dinner.  It was a fun quick-trip.  On the way home from Rockford, we stopped at Wild West Town.  I had never been there before.  We got to do fun things like, ride a mini-train, throw a tomahawk, shoot bottles at the shooting range, shoot slingshots, go to a petting zoo, and pan for gold.  Here we are having a great old time at Wild West Town.  




Chad was invited to go to the Cubs/Sox game when they played at Cellular Field.  It was his first ever Cubs/Sox game.  Unfortunately, the Cubs lost...well, got creamed, but Chad still had a good time.  


After the game, Chad and Chris met Nikki and I and our other friends, Tom and April, and all their friends at Walter Payton's Roundhouse to see Hairbanger's Ball, an 80's cover band.  They are so much fun.  Chad and I were able to take a picture with our favorite band members: Sean Jovi and Polly Pants.  We know you are jealous!

We stopped in downtown Libertyville to play at the park the other day.  Jordan was kind of sleepy.  He loves going down slides the best.  We have been having so much fun with him.  It's so nice to be able to take him places and to play with him and relax.  We've been to the water park here in town...but I haven't taken pictures!  Tomorrow we are walking/running in the Freedom Classic so we'll definitely take pictures of that.  Our sitter, Patty, and her daughter, Emma are going to talk with Chad and Jordan while I run.  And then we have some other fun things planned for the weekend and the week...and, of course, getting ready for Florida and Disney.  I have already begun to make all my lists so we are fully prepared. Although, I'm not sure we will ever be prepared for a long car ride, a plane ride, and then another long car ride with antsy-pants, 14-month-old, Jordan Vincent.  




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Your summer has been jam packed with fun. I love the concert picture. Looks like good times.

I read Eat, Pray, Love and didn't love it. If you finish it you will have to let me know what you think.

I'm reading Peace Like A River. Have you read it? Not bad so far.

Anonymous said...

I love the ishhh hat, it's so cute!