Thursday, July 31, 2008

Specials


Most Recently Read Book

Specials

By Scott Westerfield

I am a total fan of series and love to read multiple books about the same characters.  Specials is the third book in this series by Scott Westerfield.  The first book is Uglies, and then Pretties, and finally, Specials.  This is the series about the girl who lives in the future where at age 16 everyone goes through an operation to become pretty.  I like this science fiction twist.  The language is cool and the crazy world Westerfield comes up with is neat.  I was kind of disappointed in the ending, but not at the same time.  There is one more book in this series, but it seems like it is not entirely connected.  There are different characters in the world after the main character's story from the first three books.  I may read it somewhere down the road.  I definitely these are good books to make you think, but I think a teenager would enjoy it more than an adult.  



No comments: