Thursday, July 31, 2008

5 Summer Favorites!

I think it would be fun to celebrate all the great things in life so I'm going to start posts about 5 Favorites!  I really think focusing on the good things in life are important.  I also believe that we need to cherish every moment and to realize how blessed we are in life.  To start, I thought I would list my 5 summer favorites!

5 Summer Favorites!

1. No school!  Being off for the summer has to be the number one best thing about being a teacher!  I love working with the kids and helping them learn but nothing beats being home with my hubby and my son all summer!  

2. Flip flops!  I love wearing sandals.  I have a ton of pairs of flip flops, probably twice as many pairs of flip flops that Chad has gym shoes, and as a physical education teacher he has a ton of gym shoes!  It just feels good for my feet to be free!  Plus, I love seeing my cute toes with their pink nail polish.

3. Water fun!  We have had so much fun going to the water park.  I love to watch Jordan go down the slide.  This week we went to the water park with our friend Kathy and her daughter Maddy.  The water park is not as relaxing as it used to be before we had Jordan because we chase him around everywhere, but it's still fun!

4. The grill!  Chad grills all the time in the summer.  It's nice because he does all the grilling but mostly because I love food from the grill.  Tonight he grilled hot dogs and corn on the cob.  It was fantastic.  We went to a Farmer's Market today and bought lots of summer squash and I can't wait to get that on the grill.  Yum!  I love all the summer fruits, too (see post below).

5. Big Brother!  Okay, I'm going to admit it, we watch Big Brother.  It's a reality show that usually is only on during the summer.  It's on 3 days a week, gotta love that!  It's kind of like Real World except there are 13 people living in a house and someone gets evicted every week.  There are lots of competitions and other things going on that make it very interesting.  Chad and I get addicted.  I have to say, though, this is about the only show I watch.  If you turn on our TV it's usually set to ESPN, and our DVR has either Big Brother or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse recording.  With the weather so nice, who has time (or wants) to sit inside and watch TV all day?

 What are you summer favorites?  Please share! 

No comments: