Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Book of a Thousand Days


Most Recently Read Book:

Book of a Thousand Days

By Shannon Hale

It took me a while to really get into this book.  I liked it from the beginning but it was kind of slow.  It actually reminded me of Graceling in that way, but I did like Graceling more.  This book is about a mucker girl, basically a low-class singing-healer orphan who is chosen to be a lady's maid when she gets locked into a tower for seven years by her father.  The story unfolds from there and she ends up playing a huge role in saving the entire realm after her and her lady escape from the tower.  This book totally went where I didn't expect it to go and towards the end I was devouring it to figure out how it was all going to end.  This idea for this book is actually taken from an obscure story written by the Brothers Grimm.  I would definitely recommend it, but give it time to develop.  

No comments: