Saturday, April 25, 2009

Planting Seeds

It was pretty rainy today, but this afternoon there was a lull in the rain so we went outside to plant some seeds.  I am really not good at the whole gardening thing but we tried last year and it wasn't so bad so I thought we would try again this year.  I saw some kids planting seeds at school last week and I thought it was fun so I bought some seeds when we were at Target.  Our front garden area really is mostly shade so it totally limits what we can plant there, but I found pansies and another kind of pansy-look-alike flower that wasn't a pansy.  I turned over the soil and then made a ditch to put the seeds into and then covered them up again.  If it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.  
I love the flowers that come up every year, that makes me happy!  These were kind of droopy after all the rain we got today but Jordan still said, "Pretty flowers!"
Jordan and I out front, he was trying to catch bugs while I was planting.  I showed him a couple of worms I found in my digging adventures, he thought that was pretty cool.  

1 comment:

mom said...

That is all you can do but make sure you water them, probably every day that doesn's rain, they should grow. I haven't planted seeds, we don't have the patience to wait for them to grow, but I think it will be fun for Jordie to see the whore process. It if fun to see you two gardening.