Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Whirlwind Saturday

We had a wild Saturday this last weekend!  We started off with gymnastics.  It was the first class of the new session and Jordan is now in the transitional class which means he gets to go into the big gym!  He had to do an obstacle course and did a really great job!  I was so proud of him.  
Here's Jordan amid the other gym-goers waiting to get his stamps! 
After gymnastics we loaded ourselves into the car and made our way to Rockford.  Jordan took a nap (thankfully!) and I read and took a nap myself while Chad drove. 

Our first stop in Rockford was Monkey Joe's.  Monkey Joes's is a cool place that had lots of jumpy things!  We even met Monkey Joe!
Right away Chad took Jordan down a giant slide...I kind of freaked out when I saw Jordan coming down so fast, but was relieved to see him pop up and say, "I did it!"



Now, after Monkey Joe's we had a little bit of time and the new extension of the Rockford Public Library was right there, so what did we do?  We went.  The funny thing to me was that Chad didn't even blink an eye, we just strolled right over.  I'm starting to think it's normal to visit public libraries wherever we go, but, really, I don't think people go places and stop in the library.  We're just cool like that.  
Our next stop in Rockford was our friend, Braylon's, birthday party.  Chad's friend Max's son turned 1 and we went to celebrate with him!

After the party we stopped at Grandma Sue's and Bubba's to see Keeton (Chad's cat) and then went with them to eat dinner at Pizza Ranch.  It was dudical.  

It was a wild Saturday!  We survived though and we had a great time!

No comments: