Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The English Roses

Most Recently Read Book:

The English Roses

By Madonna

I think I knew Madonna had written a children's book, but I hadn't paid much attention to it until one of my students showed me one of her books that she had checked out from the library. This book is actually a picture book but she has a 10-book series all about a group of girls who call themselves the English Roses. I love the illustrations in this book, I think that is part of the appeal, but this plot was also high-interest. I could see how students could easily relate to this story. One other thing I liked is that you learn a lesson. Madonna employed a fairy godmother to help the girls see what it might be like to live in someone else's shoes to help them understand someone else perspective. I think kids could totally relate to this.

1 comment:

khill said...

Hey! A BOOK I read before you! Wow! {grin}