Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fantastic Mr Fox

Most Recently Read Book:

Fantastic Mr. Fox

By Roald Dahl

Roald Dahl is one of my all-time favorite authors. I love the craziness of his stories but also the endearing characters. I think most of all I love that all his stories are so unique and yet somehow so true to Roald Dahl. His writing hut would be a place I would love to visit if I ever go to England.

I remember reading Fantastic Mr. Fox when I was a kid and I thought it might be a great read aloud to do with my 5th grader since the movie is going to be in theaters in November. So many of Dahl's books have been made into movies. This book will be a great way to introduce my student to Roald Dahl and his creep, greasy characters like Bunce, Bean and Boggis. I can't wait to see if she likes it!

If you haven't read this, it's a story about a sly, cunning fox who steals food from the three most despicable men on the planet until they get mad and stake out his hole. Mr. Fox is way to smart for those three though! You'll have to read and find out!

No comments: