Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Most Recently Read Book:

A Great and Terrible Beauty

By Libby Bray

I had super high hopes for this book and I just found out it is only the first in a series so my hopes have not been completely dashed...yet. This book is about a girl who is sent to a boarding school after her mother dies. At the same time, she starts having mysterious visions. At boarding school she manages to make three very good friends who explore her "visions" with her. I like the other world that the author sets up in this book but I feel like there were so many things I thought could or would have happened, but didn't. I'm definitely reassured now that I know there will be another book or even a series to go along with this one. I think I would read it to see how the author ties it all together. The author mentions other people who can help the girl with her visions, they are part of the Order. I wish she had gone in search of these people, but that must be intended for the next book. Overall, I liked the writing and the characters and the fantasy elements in this book, I just wanted more!

No comments: