Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Her Fearful Symmetry

Most Recently Read Book:

Her Fearful Symmetry

By Audrey Niffenegger

I am so happy to be posting about another book written by Niffenegger. She wrote my beloved Time Traveler's Wife and I have been anxiously awaiting another book by her. This book is definitely a completely different book though...I enjoyed it but not the way I adored TTW. I know lots of people who agree and disagree with me about TTW so there's a chance that if you liked or didn't like it you may or may not like Her Fearful Symmetry!

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. When it comes down to it, this book is a great ghost story. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be as much of a ghost story as it was. I really liked the characters and I liked the idea of the book but I wasn't a huge fan of the ending...I so wish I could share more but I don't want to ruin it for anyone. If you have read it, or once you do, e-mail me though so we can discuss!!!!!!

On a side note, the younger girls in the book grew up in Lake Forest which is also where I grew up! It was cool to hear them talk about Lake Forest and going to the beach. There really isn't that much reference to it, but it was still cool!

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

You make a good point. I'm not sure what I missed because I didnt' like TTW (and everyone else really did!) So I will give this book a try :)

Emily Jane said...

I was scared to read this post in case of spoilers!! I'm about 2/3 done - sorry I'm such a slowpoke! Can't wait to discuss :)