Friday, January 8, 2010

It's All How You Look At It

I haven't uploaded any pictures this week, so when I sat down to finally get pictures off of my camera tonight it was kind of like a fun surprise! Over break I dug out my old digital camera because I wanted to take pictures of Chad and Jordan playing outside in the snow. Later, I was goofing around with Jordan and taking a picture of him with his fuzz. Here's a picture he took of me, frizzy hair and all:
Now, here's a picture I took of him being goofy and showing me his foot. I love the shadows in this picture.
Here is the really cool part though...I didn't realize it, but Chad had our little digital point and shoot and was taking a picture of me taking a picture of Jordan. This was such a cool surprise because I had no idea he was taking the picture and it's kind of cool to see what Chad sees. It is so completely candid...hell, you can't even see our faces, but it's a cool picture if you ask me!
This is me showing Jordan the picture I took because the kid has to see very single picture you take right after you take it. I'm so thankful that Chad took these pictures because I don't have any pictures like them at all.
Last one, this is another one Chad took earlier in the week. I do remember him taking this picture...I'm making chocolate-covered pretzel rods in the background...I asked jokingly if he had just taken a picture of his cherry Coke and he explained that just like I take pictures of stuff he wanted to take a picture of his cherry Coke. I think it's cute that this is the picture he took. It's fun to see his perspective on things, it's so not the way I would have taken the picture but I love the bag of chips and salsa cover on the counter, I love the magnets all over the fridge, I love me in the background and our messy stove. It's our life!
This might possibly be my favorite post ever because it's such a genuine look at our family.

10 comments:

Jen Vincent said...

Yes, I'm commenting on my own post...I just showed Chad these pictures and as I'm getting all teary-eyed and thanking him for taking the pictures he says, "I took a picture of your butt, too...but I deleted it." !!!

Mom said...

Funny and sweet! I love these pictures. I am so proud of you guys, you are a beautiful family Jordan and new baby are very lucky.
I wish my mom could see your blog in Guate, she would just love it.

Laraf123 said...

My absolute favorite photo is one of Henry at about 15 months. I am holding him on the backyard glider/swing. The photo shows the back of my head and Henry's face looking over my shoulder. I've always been grateful that my little neighbor was just messing around with the camera and took the picture "just because". Love your candid photos!

j said...

these are precious. i love your little family. you all look genuinely happy, and that's amazing to see.

xoxoKrysten said...

Oh I love these pictures, so cute!

Stephanie H said...

I know what you mean. These are really neat. And at least he deleted the picture of your butt!

Emily Jane said...

Oh I love those pictures! And I think Jordan and I would get along - I too have to see every picture the second it's been taken :)

Unknown said...

Very, very, cool post. I'm impressed with the pictures Chad took. What a neat perspective on life! I've been waiting for an update from you! I'm glad you did this post.

Uh, about the comment you left on this post, that is SO SOMETHING Mike would have done. Ha, ha classic.

Kathy Lou said...

I really like candid shots like this myself, but I always look terrible in candid shots. Really. Yes, really.
Love the pics.

Lindy said...

Hi there and how are you? and Wow... Love LoVe LOVED the pictures AND the commentary... what a wonderful life you have! Keep on blogging!!!