Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Escape


Most Recently Read Book

Escape

Carolyn Jessop

This was the book we chose for The Chicks With Books book club this month.  Escape is the true story of Carolyn Jessop, a woman who was living in the FLDS cult, and how she escaped with her eight children.  It is really hard to believe all that happened to her and the life she led for so long is still going on today and didn't happen all that long ago.  She was the fourth wife to Merrill Jessop, one of the top leaders in the FLDS.  She was abused in so many ways and dealt with so much.  Even more heart-wrenching is to read what her kids went through as well.  It's good to know she was able to escape and has made a pretty good life for herself.  Hopefully her story gives hope to other women in the FLDS.  It definitely made me think about the rights I have as a woman and how much freedom I have in my life.   

See The Chicks With Books blog to see what we talked about at book club!

1 comment:

Luv 2 Read said...

I had a lot of fun tonight discussing Escape. I am looking forward to our next book!