Monday, May 5, 2008

In The Woods


Most Recently Read Book

In The Woods

By Tara French

I read this book for an online book club I found.  Here is the website if you want to check it out and see further discussion of this book.  Mindless Book Club  This book was written by a new author and I really liked her style.  The main character is a detective in Ireland.  He himself was one of three kids who survived a mysterious incident in the woods.  The other two disappeared never to be seen again.  He was found completely in shocked covered in blood but with no recollection of what happened to his friends.  Now, as a detective 20 years later, he is investigating the murder of a young girl in the same place he grew up near the same woods where his own friends disappeared.  It's a really interesting idea and the style of writing is great.  My only problem is that the one case gets solved and the other doesn't.  I ended up really connecting with the main character...but in the end he kind of is a jerk.  Maybe you'll read it and explain what happened to me.  One part just seemed to be left out.  ?

No comments: