Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pretties


Most Recently Read Book:

Pretties

By Scott Westerfield

Pretties is the second book in the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield.  I didn't choose to read this series for a long time because I thought it was going to be about people only judging people by their looks instead of who they are on the inside.  When a friend recommended the series I finally decided to read it and I was really wrong about judging the book from it's cover!  I guess I should learn my lesson.  This series is actually a science fiction series because it is set in the future during a time when all kids are called "littlies", all 10-15 year-olds are called "uglies", and everyone who has turned 16 are called "pretties" because of an operation they go through.  Everyone becomes pretty in every way...does that sound like it would be good or not?  Sometimes people think it would be nice for everyone to be the same and not to have competition, but what would you have to give up for a life like that?  Read the books to find out!

No comments: