Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gearing Up For Golf


The weather is warm again...the trees are in bloom...it must be time to haul out the golf clubs again and head over to the driving range.  Before I know it, Chad will be dragging...I mean, asking, actually the best word is probably begging, me to hit the links with him.  Thanks to generous gifts for his graduation, Chad went shopping for a new driver this afternoon.  Jordan watched Dad hit a few balls to try out the prospective new club while he, himself, munched and drooled over graham cracker cookies.  (They worked like a charm for about 10 minutes.)  Chad is now the proud owner of a Nike Sumo2 Driver.  It's a pretty big club.  Go big or stay home!  Speaking of staying home...anyone want to take my place and go golf with Chad (while I stay home)?  Tee times are available now! 


Just to clarify...I really do enjoy playing golf, and I have fun spending time with Chad on the golf course.  I even like the exercise (but not carrying my own bag...I prefer to rent a roller cart...or on a special occasion a power cart).  The only problem is Chad's desire to go out and play golf is like my strong yearning to pay Coldstone Creamery a visit, and I just can't play that much golf!

No comments: