Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn Midnight Release!

Last night was seriously the event of the summer for me!  I have been anticipating the release of Breaking Dawn since before school go out.  The Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer is my absolute favorite series of all time.  The fourth book, Breaking Dawn, was released at midnight last night!  The Twilight series is all about Bella, the girl who falls in love with Edward, a heartthrob-vampire.  Breaking Dawn is the last book in the series and has been much awaited by all Twilight fans.  Last night I dragged Jacquie (actually, she came willingly, but she did come just for me because I didn't to be alone) to the midnight release party at Borders.  It was kind of silly but it was fun to be a part of all the excitement.  We were black and had red ribbons tied around our necks...but we didn't win any contests (probably because we didn't really enter).  There were people with Team Edward gear and with forks coming out of their heads because the story is set in Forks, Washington.  People were very creative.  I just thought it was cool to be around people who love Twilight as much as I do.  Here are Jacquie and I last night:

And me with me new book!!!!

I am a good way into the book but it is over 700 pages so I have a long way to go.  I hate that this will be the end...but I love knowing that I have a nice, long, hopefully, fulfilling book to read.  I will definitely savor it.  I'll be sad when it is over but I'm sure I'll feel satisfied.  I have no idea how to describe how these books just feel like they are part of me.  I carry the characters around with me.  Not all books do this to me.  I told Chad, I just can't read it fast enough.  I'm dying to know what happens!  I had to take a break and post just because I love this book.  All other reading has been put on hold, sorry Water for Elephants (book club book).  I'll post again when I finish!  If you have not read this series I recommend it a million times over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh I can't wait to finish this series!! It's soooo good! Jenni, I want to thank you soooo much for recommending the book to me! I had fun at borders and taking all kinds of wacky and fun pictures :)

Unknown said...

You guys are awesome for going to Borders. I think Mike would have disowned me!

I finished! I can't believe it's over. I hate it when books end. We will have to talk about it.