Saturday, August 30, 2008

Navy Pier 2008

Ah!  It has taken me forever to get all these picture uploaded!  Going back to school didn't make it any easier.  We have been crazy busy.  Before we went back to school Chad and I took a day to go downtown to Navy Pier.  It had been a long time since we had been there and we had tickets for the Tall Ship Windy so it was a perfect reason to go.  Here we are driving into the city!

We did the Amazing Chicago's Funhouse Maze...and it was really weird and not very cool.  I guess kids might like it, but it was kind of strange.  They were trying to mix the funhouse idea with Chicago history and it just ended up being really cheesy.  At least we know not it's not worth the money!



We were excited to be able to go on the Tall Ship Windy.  The Tall Ship Windy is a really really really big sailboat.  As a passenger you get to help raise and lower the sails and shout out commands from the captain.  It was a fun interactive ride but also nice and relaxing.  


I volunteered myself to help raise the sails...and then I realized it wasn't such an easy job!




After our boat ride, we were hungry and headed in to Cappi's.  This is the same restaurant we ate at when we got engaged.  We just had to go back.  The food was just as good as we remembered.  


We walked up to the gardens and fountains.  This place is always pretty.



And, of course, we had to ride the ferris wheel!  I took this shot from the bottom of the wheel.  I thought it turned out pretty cool.  I may have to print this one out and find a place for it on a wall here at home somewhere.  



Chad really wanted to ride the swings so we strapped ourselves in.  It sounds like a tame ride, but this baby went fast!  I started to get kind of scared after a while.  This is definitely worth the money!



After we left Navy Pier we made a stop at Sports Authority to look around.  

Chad found Michael Jordan's handprints.  Very cool.



Since we were downtown and right down the street from Ed Debevic's I begged Chad to go.  I love Ed Debevic's.  It is one of my favorite places to go.  We got our run hats and ate dessert before heading back home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Chicago. You guys had a great day and the weather was perfect. Thanks for telling us about the Maze. I love the swings too maybe next time I'll get Dad to ride them with me lol, you never know.