Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hog Jog 2008


This morning (yes, after having been at the midnight release for Breaking Dawn) I ran the Hog Jog 5k at our church.  I think this is the second year for the race.  It was a fun race.  Unfortunately, I had an awful time because I didn't run at all while we were in Florida...and I haven't really run since I go back.  My feet are definitely not happy with the blisters they are now enduring because of my negligence...but I'll recover.  Anyway, the course was out and back down a mainly flat, manure-smelling, unshaded, country road.  I was happy to have another race under my belt even if my time wasn't that great.  I definitely love running.  I met a woman who is part of a running group here in Mundelein so I may try and meet up with them.  I've never been part of a running group but it makes me sad to run alone sometimes so I think it would be fun to join a group.  

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really ever run alone, even though sometimes I feel that way.  This morning when the race was ready to start I was really nervous and kind of scared.  I get emotional at the beginning of races because it is still overwhelming for me, especially when I don't have anyone to talk to at the beginning of the race.  My family is with me though!  I have to remember that they are behind my 100% and are thinking about me even if they aren't running next to me.  This morning Chad brought Jordan to cheer me on and then my parents came with my mom's friend, Alicia, and her husband, Paco, who were visiting from Canada.  I know it's not easy for to pack up Jordan and get him out of the house single-handed, so I am so thankful that Chad knows how important it is to me and that he wants to support me and so he does it.  And, my parents had friend in town who they barely see from Canada and they dragged them to come see me run!  Jacquie wasn't there, but that's because she had plans to be at Great America with Joe all day, so I totally understand that.  Talk about great family!  It felt good to know that as I ran back they would all be waiting for me and cheering me on...even if it wasn't the best race of my life.    

Me, Chad, Jordan, and my dad, Papa Jack

Paco, Alicia, me, and Chad

My mom and me

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww so adorable!!! GO JENNI! I'm soooo proud of you :D

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jen! And remember, God is always with you, even when you think noone else is! kh

Unknown said...

You are doing awesome with your running! Running alone isn't fun, but it does get easier! I almost look forward to that time to myself when I can run. I'm so impressed with your committment! Keep it up.

PS Your family is awesome. It's so nice to have people cheering for you when you run across the finish line.

Anonymous said...

You did it! This was a fun morning the weather was beutiful and it was nice to have Paco and Alice from Canada with us. It is always fun to see you run, hopefully some day I'll be able to run with you, I have to start training.

Anna McE said...

hey.. i didnt know you were a runner too! me too! way to go! my goal is the 2011 Elgin Fox Trot 5k in May.. this way b-feeding will be almost done and i can have freedom to run!