Friday, August 15, 2008

The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty


Most Recently Read Book:

The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty

By Ellen Emerson White

I bought this book at a book fair because I will have a student this year who is really into "strategy and tactics" which is about war and decisions people make in wars.  This book is about a soldier in Vietnam, which I thought was interesting because my dad fought in Vietnam.  I know it is such a controversial war and I have heard stories but it was neat to read from the perspective of a soldier in the middle of one of the main battles of the Vietnam War.  I had never read books from the My Name is America/Dear America series but I really like the first person perspective.  I think it would be neat to read other books like this about other time periods.  I think it is a great way for kids to really learn about history.  The books are written by various well-known authors.  Very cool.  


No comments: