Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Water For Elephants


Most Recently Read Book:

Water for Elephants

By Sara Gruen

I was so excited when this book was chosen for our book club.  I have been wanting to read this book.  I feel in love with it right away and didn't want to put it down.  I was so sad to have to put it down to stop and read Breaking Dawn (even though I love Breaking Dawn).  Like Breaking Dawn, this was a book that had me really connected to the main character.  I really like the main character in this book, he's just very likable to me.  I also like how the author writes, I really feel like I was able to imagine myself in the book.  At one point the main character is so in love with another character and he says: "I want her to melt into me, like butter on toast."  It's kind of cheesy out of context, but I love that line.  This book really gave me a lot of insight into the world of the traveling circus from the 1920's and 1930's.  I like historical fiction for that reason.  This is definitely a must-read book.  

No comments: