Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blackhawk Lake 2008

We survived camping at Blackhawk Lake again!  The last time we were there was almost exactly two years ago and we stayed in the cabins.  This year we stayed in tents...and with a one-year-old, but we did great!  It rained the first night we were there but was cleared up by the time we woke up.  When we got there we went out on Eric's (my brother's) new pontoon boat!  It was really nice.  We all fit comfortably, no question.  Jordan loved being out on the boat!  We went for a swim before going back for dinner.  

Jordan was able to drive the boat with Uncle Eric...with Papa Jack looking on for good measure! 

My mom and I were able to relax a little bit!

Jane was excited to spend time with Jordan.

We relaxed Saturday morning before we headed out on the boat.  Chad and I got in some Speedminton.  Here's Papa playing card with Wyatt.  

Chad also got to play some football!

And, here's Jacquie and Joe reading the Twilight saga!  Woo hoo!

Then it was time to head to the boat again.  It turned into a beautiful, sunny day.  I was dying to get in the water and cool off.  Everyone had fun jumping off the boat.  Even Jordan!

From the left: Me, Jordan, Chad (up high), Joe, Papa, and Jacquie. 

Here's Jordan in his cool floaty raft.  He loved being in the water.  He splashed and floated along.  


Jane even got in the water!

We tried to do some "laps" so we could work off all the food we ate! 

Me and my hubby!

Jacquie and Joe.


Grandma and Papa Jack.


Jordan's cousins, Wyatt and Sawyer, tried to do some fishing.  We never really slowed down enough to catch anything.  Sawyer loved playing with the worms, though!



Jordan really had a blast being on this camping trip.  He loved the water and the boat most of all but he also loved just being out on the campsite and wandering around.  He played on Sawyer's motorized tractor and ran around finding rocks and getting dirty.  I think it was boy heaven.  Look how comfy he looks here hanging out with Wyatt and Papa Jack.  This is what camping is all about!

And so our camping story ends!  Sunday morning we packed up camp and headed home.  Papa Jack and Jane went to visit some family in Stockton so we loaded up the Freestyle with Chad, Jordan, Grandma, Jacquie, Joe, and me.  It was pretty tight in there but we had a fun trip home.  I'll save that for another post though!


Goodbye to our humble mesh abode...until next year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love camping! Your camping trip looked like fun. I love the picture of the three boys. I'm so glad Jordan did so well camping. When does school start? I start Monday and I'm so not ready!

Anonymous said...

The pictures from camping are pretty special. Thanks. A agree with Laura the picture of the three boys is outstanding. I had a great time and look forward to our third get-together next year with a few more needed items :).

Happy Birthday Chad!!!