Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Amelia Rules: When The Past Is A Present


Most Recently Read Book:

Amelia Rules: Volume Four, When The Past Is A Present

By Jimmy Gownly

This was my first ever graphic novel!  One of my students was reading this book and it sounded like a cool series to me.  I have to say, graphic novels are definitely hard for me to read.  I read comics as a kid, but graphic novels are a different, if you ask me.  They definitely use the pictures and placement of words and characters to explain what is happening in the book.  It was hard for me to jump from one even to the next in this book just because I'm not used to it.  The reader definitely has to do more work as far as filling in all the gaps that are left out when the book is told mostly with the graphics and dialogue.  I really liked this book though and I think the characters are really fun.  Amelia does rule!

No comments: