Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Visiting Rockford

After the Huskie game...two weeks ago...we drove up to Rockford to stay the night.  Jordan had a blast playing in the hotel.  He loves running up and down the hallways and this time he figured out the ice machine!  

Something else Jordan also figured out is how to climb into a cabinet!   We were so surprised when he just climbed right in, we had to get a video of course!  It's a little hard to see him at first, but he's basically folded up inside of this cabinet sitting up on a shelf.  It gets easier to see him at the end.  Life with Jordan is definitely an adventure!



In the morning, I was up early...unfortunately.  I have a thing with hotel beds, they make me sneeze.  I was up early sneezing like crazy when Chad turns to me and says, "You're gonna wake up Jordy."  So what did I do?  I went to Starbucks.  Luckily, Starbucks is open at 5:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning.  It was so dark out there wasn't even a speck of the sunrise at all.  I enjoyed my grande white chocolate mocha with soy no whip and read my book.  The baristas were amused that I had been kicked out of my hotel room by my husband.  

When I was allowed back in the hotel, we got ready and were off to breakfast with Grandma and Bubba (Chad's parents).  We ate at Machine Shed which was close to the hotel.  Jordan liked to see the fun farm things they have outside the restaurant.  

Up close and personal with a pig!

What is this thing?  I'm not even sure.
Dad and Jordan sat on the big tractor!
Jordan riding the pig.  
Afterwards, we checked out of our hotel and then went to Max's house to watch the Bears game and meet his new baby boy, Braylen.  Max is a friend of Chad's from high school.  Um, I feel really bad, but I have no picture of Max, his wife, Ashley, or Braylen.  Oops.  We did get a picture with Chad's friend Matt who was there with his son, Logan.  His wife Katie was sick.  We missed you, Katie!  (Can you tell a kiddo took this picture?  It's a fun angle.)

After the Bears game we were off to the Pumpkin Patch...but that's a whole 'nother post!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you guys! You are always doing fun things.

Anonymous said...

I am sure it was a lot of fun for Jordan this year, I missed going with you this year, I am excited about next Sunday, it will be fun to see Jordan as Elmo.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jen, above commect on wrong post. Jordan is so funny, he was trying to do that in our bedroom but the dresser is too small, he kept trying. Rockford has a lot of cool places for kids, Jordan will always remember them. FUN!

Anonymous said...

Squeekie! I miss my nephew and you guys! I cant wait to see him as elmo :P too cute! have fun trick or treating :D