Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Wright Three



Most Recently Read Book:

The Wright Three

By Blue Balliett

I didn't realize this book was the second in a series...but it didn't really matter that I read it out of order.  This is a historical fiction book, which means parts are based on true facts or part of history.  This books happens to be about three kids who help to save a house that was designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright, a very famous architect.  There are plans to tear down the house but the kids find a way to save it.  They have a mystery to solve because they think they see someone in the house.  This book was a very fun adventure mixed in with the history part and even some math and art things, too!  Plus, this book is set in Chicago.  I love to read books that are written in Chicago.  I can't wait to go back and read the first book in this series, Chasing Vermeer.  

I especially liked this book because I recently read Loving Frank for book club and it gave me some background about Frank Lloyd Wright.  I think this book will be really fun to read with Jordan some day.  I would love to read this with him and eat red herring fish (Swedish fish candy)  and take him to visit the Robie house.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read the first book of the series and really liked it. I'll have to pick this one up.