Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Reliable Wife

A Reliable Wife
A Reliable Wife
By Robert Goolrick

This was our book club book for this month...and that's why I finished it.  My friend Christina called me before I even started to say she had abandoned it.  I decided to gut through it.  It did get more interesting as the story went on and some twists were thrown in but overall I wasn't sure who to root for and it was hard to relate to the characters.  It's about a wealthy man in Wisconsin who puts an ad in the paper for a wife.  There are all sorts of weird twists and turns after that but, honestly, none worth reading about...but that's just my opinion.  It'll be interesting to see what my book club friends say, I already talked with my Barnes and Noble friend who didn't really like it either and have heard from many people that it was a dud.  Bummer.

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...

This book has been on my shelf for 6 months. I plan on reading it this summer. So many people liked it--but I previewed the first chapter and wasn't sold. I think it might be creepy...

Unknown said...

Don't waste your time reading this book. You can watch movie "Original Sin' in two hours and basically understand the plot and some of the characters. After reading the first 100 pages, I skimmed the rest of it. I was curious if there would be any unpredictable developments, but alas, it seems to be a plagerized version of the movie.