Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know

Most Recently Read Book:

What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know

By Sonya Sones

I messed up and read this book without reading the book that comes before it. I'm curious to find out what did come before this book, but it didn't really effect my reading of this book. This book is a novel written in verse about a boy who is a huge loser at his school but who starts dating a hugely popular girl. It's all about how they deal with being outcasts. I love the poems. It's fun to read how an author uses the style to really punctuate what she is trying to say. I was worried about recommending this book to my 8th grader, but I think it's okay...I thought it might be a little too risque but it's not all that bad...she'll be a freshman in less than a month...

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

I'm curious, if she's hugely popular why is she an outcast? Because she's dating this particular guy? Guess I'll have to read this one to find out!