Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

Most Recently Read Book:

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox

By Maggie O'Farrell

This book might have been as confusing as Time Traveler's Wife when it comes to jumping back and forth between present time and flashbacks and from one character to another. At least TTW gives you some guidelines as to who is talking and when they are talking. I finally got into the rhythm of this book though, and I was eager to figure out how all the stories fit into place. It reminded me a little bit of 1000 White Women, because it's about a woman who has been in an institution until her great niece finds out she exists and is being released from the institution. It's amazing how people were treated for how they acted and what they thought. Maybe that's why we have crazy people running around these days...because we don't automatically lock people up...interesting. Anyway, even though this was a little confusing at first, I thought it was worthwhile read!

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

Sounds interesting but since I found TTW confusing, I'm not sure I should give this a try :)